heather's adventures in the Big City

Thursday, August 04, 2005

murphy's day

it was about 9 thousand degrees in my bedroom last night. i didn't sleep a lick. i got up this morning and realized i had ironed nothing to wear to work. but there was a shirt i had ironed but not yet worn for whatever reason. but i tried to steam the shirt i wanted to wear. after steaming it for 20 minutes i decided to wear the ironed shirt i hadn't worn yet. and was late to breakfast. and had to wair forever for the train. by the time i was off the train, i was late enough to work, i figured stopping for coffee wouldn't really matter anymore, and at least give tangibility to my lateness (that made sense in my head at the time).

i got an americano - the drink that is HOTTER THAN THE SUN. and in the elevator ride up to the 31st floor, the lid popped off and scalding hot coffe went running all over my clean, pressed shirt, my pants and into my bag with all sorts of things that didn't need to get wet.

this is also the day i learned my bag isn't waterproof.

i think i'll have a glass of wine with lunch.

5 Comments:

  • Just don't spill the wine. Ask for it in a children's sippy cup.

    Hey. That's a good idea. Sippy cup of booze. I want some.

    By Blogger Chris Cope, at 3:31 PM, August 04, 2005  

  • now THAT is what i call brilliant.

    By Blogger heatherfeather, at 3:45 PM, August 04, 2005  

  • Guinea, January 10th! Pending medical and legal. I am the happiest girl alive. I wish you were here to tell in person! It doesnt make sense to physically jump up and down while typing this, like I would be doing if this were in-person! I love you!

    Hope your day gets better. I agree with the child-sippy-cup idea for the wine!

    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo!!!!

    By Blogger Yaymee, at 4:40 PM, August 04, 2005  

  • i can see you jumping up and down in my head like you'd be if i were there in person - YAY!!! GUINEA!!! YAYMEEEEEEEE!!!!!

    xoxoxoxoxoxox's are in order, i do concur!

    (long skirt; short neck. just because)

    By Blogger heatherfeather, at 4:43 PM, August 04, 2005  

  • HV! So are you surprised that I'm JUST NOW getting around to reading your blogs? I miss you! juju

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:27 AM, August 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home